Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Deviled Salmon Cakes with Parsley Lemon Sauce



When Mr. O-P came home from The Fresh Market the other day with a nice piece of salmon, he made sure to buy one extra-large to allow me to make salmon cakes the following day. I am known for my salmon cakes, the recipe of which you can find here (and my notoriety, that you can read about here). This recipe is a bit different than my previous one having kicked up the flavor with some pickle relish. I also changed up my usual sauce with a parsley/lemon version that I think I like a lot better. I did not measure the ingredients for the sauce. I sort of channeled my grandmother here, putting things together until it “looks right.” I'll attempt to provide you with a sauce recipe, but do know that it is not carved in stone. 
Deviled Salmon Cakes
5 ounces salmon, crumbled
1/4 cup scallions, finely diced
1/4 cup celery, finely diced
1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2 drops Tabasco sauce
1 egg, beaten to blend
3/4 cup Panko
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon canola oil 
Place the salmon into a medium bowl. Add onion, celery, corn, salt, and pepper, stirring gently until blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and Tabasco. Stir liquid mixture into salmon mixture.

Fold egg and
½ cup panko fold into the salmon mixture. Place the remaining panko on a dinner plate to use for coating patties.

Form the salmon mixture into four 3-inch patties. Press them into panko, coating them on all sides. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour.

Over medium heat, melt the butter and oil together in a 10-inch skillet until almost sizzling. Fry the salmon cakes, four minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve with Parsley Lemon Sauce.

Parsley Lemon Sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
Juice from 1/2 small lemon
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 heaping tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for an hour or more to allow flavors to meld. Remove from refrigerator about a half an hour before making the fish to take the chill off of it, and then serve each salmon cake with a healthy dollop.
 
 This post is linked to:


2 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I have never made salmon cakes before and this recipe looks so good. I hope you will come back and share more of your recipes with us at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link Up. Have a wonderful end of the week.
Julie

Maria said...

This is a great idea, so easy to make and I am sure its delicious, the recipes look very easy to follow. A different way to make salmon, thanks for sharing this on Dream Create and inspire. Love to hear from you and stop by, http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com
Maria